Admissions for International Students

Virginia Christian University / Admissions / Admissions for International Students

International Students

Virginia Christian University is authorized under federal law to enroll international students. Any person desiring international admission should allow 3-6 months to complete the admissions process. All applicants from non-English speaking school must supply official transcripts from the school with a certified English translation. Students who have a primary language other than English must certify that they are proficient in the English language.

Documentation for Students in F-1 Status

International students in need of F-1 status must reach final acceptance by completing the initial admissions process and submit the following documentation prior to receiving the I-20:

  • Student Visa (I-20) Application
  • Affidavit of Support (notarized) or Sponsorship Letter
  • Verification of Funds from Student or Sponsor (Note: We cannot accept faxes or unofficial photocopies of financial letters or bank statements. All financial information must be statements with dates no older than 2 months prior to the I-20 application date.)
  • Copy of Valid Passport
  • Copy of Current Student Visa (if applicable)
  • Copy of I-94 Card (if available)
  • I-901 fee processed

All students accepted into the Bachelor’s or Master’s program must make a minimum deposit sufficient to cover 1 year of tuition for their first year. Only Cash or Certified Bank Check (USD) will be accepted for this payment.

Important Information for Students in F-1 Status

  1. All F-1 students should be enrolled as full-time students each semester throughout their entire program. Students in the bachelor’s degree program must maintain four classes each semester (12 hours). These hours must be maintained and verified to avoid being out of USCIS status.
  2. Students are responsible for notifying the International Student Office of any change in their personal information no later than 10 days after the change is implemented. (Example: address, telephone, etc.) The students must also submit Form AR-11 to report the address change, found on the USCIS Website.
  3. A student may be recommended for off campus employment after the student has completed one year in his program of study and proves the need for a financial assistance. F-1 Students with a work permit may work twenty hours per week while classes are in session and forty hours per week during vacation periods. Immigration laws prohibit dependents from securing employment.

Note: If you are currently a student at another institution and already have an F-1 visa, you need a new I-20 issued by VACU. Therefore, you must submit the I-20 application packet, transfer clearance form, a copy of current visa, I-20, passport, and I-94, along with all other admissions requirements.

Caution: Prospective Students are cautioned not to come to the United States on a visitor’s Visa and then attempt to change status to a Student Visa after they arrive in this country. The U.S. Immigration Service considers this as coming to the U.S. on false pretenses and may not approve such a request. The only exception is if individuals indicate to the U.S. Consulate in their country in writing that the purpose of a visit to the U.S. is to select a college.

Translate »